Monday, June 11, 2007

Last Stages

I know we're not going to be gone for a long time, but I can't help thinking about doing our last this or that for awhile. For instance, yesterday at church we said fair well to several people that we see every Sunday. We received encouragement from lots of people who were letting us know they'll be praying for us. Yesterday was our last Sunday for awhile. Yesterday afternoon, we played volley ball at Ryan's company picnic. That will probably be our last recreational activity. I'm not really too emotional about it, but it does cross my mind.

People ask us if we're excited. Hmm, how can I answer that? Usually with just a simple "yes." But the truth is, I don't think it's hit me yet. Next week at this time, I'll be in Africa. Hmm, I don't think I even know how to imagine what that will be like. It's scary and sends my nerves a shakin', but it's exciting at the same time. It's almost like the feeling you have a week before you get married. You think, "My life is about to take a very dramatic turn." But inside, everything is OK and you know it's right. Maybe our lives are about to take a very dramatic turn. Maybe we'll "leave our hearts in Africa" as the saying goes. I hope so. I want to be so adamant about seeing the lost saved in Africa. I want to have a vibrancy for Africa that makes others want to sell everything and go. In fact, I want to be ready myself to sell everything and go.

Is that plane ready yet, cause I just want to step on it right now. LET'S GO!

This is going to be a loooooooong week.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Yep. :) I'm only going to be gone about 10 days...but I found myself yesterday savoring moments with the people who encourage me every Sunday. Missions trips can be emotionally and physically draining...and you do them without the encouragement from people you normally receive on a regular basis. It's part of really seeing the Lord at work on your trip.

Do you feel like you have a million and 12 things to do between now and Saturday morning??? 'Cause I do...and my car broke down yesterday...grrr.

I'm praying for you!

God Made Playdough said...

You're so amazing! I love you! I will be praying for you guys! I could allways see you as a missionary!