Monday, January 7, 2008

Brief Update

We went to New York this year to spend Christmas with Ryan's parents. We also got to spend some time with Ryan's sister and brother-in-law, Erika and Michael and our two little nieces, Natalia and Ellia. Ryan also got to see his grandpa and talk to him one last time.

After that we came home and caught up on some cleaning and other household chores. I also got to see my best friend from high school, Harmony. Harmony and I used to ride our horses together on Camano Island when I lived there with my mom. She and her husband, Matt, were here to visit his family with their new baby, Colton. It was nice to see them and catch up with each other. Ryan and Matt were able to talk about airplanes since Matt is an air traffic controller. Matt and Harmony are looking into moving here to North Carolina this fall. Ironic huh?

Last Sunday, we got the phone call that Ryan's grandpa passed away that morning. Last Friday, we drove up to New York again for the funeral. Though it was a sad time for the family, it was a good time too. Ryan's grandpa was a marine in WWII and the Korean War. We only just found this out, but Grandpa studied aircraft maintenance when he was younger and he also started flight lessons. He was Ryan's hero, but He was also a true American Hero!

Ryan also started a new job today. He is now working with Pace Airlines at the same airport where he worked before. His new job will start him out with better pay and better benefits. This job will also provide better transfer options for him in the future. He'll be working on Boeing 737's, 757's and 767's. Honestly, I was shocked that he got it. He told me one day that he had dropped his resume off and I thought nothing of it. However, before we knew it, they called him in for an interview and asked him to start right away. I guess it's just one of those things you don't ask for, but the Lord provides it anyway. He's pretty excited about it and will be going several days of training before he can actually work on the airplanes.

Sorry this note is lacking in details, but I thought you might like to know what's been going on with us here in North Carolina and beyond.

1 comment:

God Made Playdough said...

Yay! I have been missing your posts! Do you know when you're coming for a visit?