Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Sneezing

"A loud sneeze in Togo is not polite. Togolese will stifle a sneeze or leave the room. The same is true of fits of coughing. Be sensitive and tone it down. Especially be careful about sneezing in the market place."

I like this one. In my books this one falls under loud bodily functions in public. Have you ever listened to all of the bodily noises in a public place? Heaven sakes, especially during cold season. Anyway, loud coughs, especially out of a lady, really gross me out. The only one I can think of that doesn't shock me when he blows his nose out loud is my grandpa and that's because he's always done it and he's mostly deaf so he can't hear how loud he is anyway. Out of him it's kinda cute too because he always uses a hanky.

On the sneeze end though, I have to say that I'll have to make a conscious effort not to do that out loud. In fifth grade, I used to sneeze very quietly, but then my step-dad told me that my body is trying to get rid of something and to just let it all out. Ever since then, I've been a pretty free sneezer. Though, I am still quite conscious of making loud noises in public.

No comments: