Monday, April 30, 2007

We've Moved!

...but not far. This weekend we moved to a larger apartment right next door. Our old apartment was a studio apartment and our new one has a separate bedroom. We are excited about this because it means we will be able to have people over and they won't feel uncomfortable walking into our bedroom for dinner. We have so much space, we don't know what to do with ourselves. We completely filled our old apartment, but moving into the bigger apartment we have found that our furniture is miniature with all the space we have. Our address is the same though so don't change anything in your records.
We also made time to get our visa pictures taken. I hope to send off our paperwork for our visas this week.
Last night we met with the ABWE rep to Africa. We had time to ask some more of our crazy questions like "What kind of shoes should we bring?" "Flip flops!" is every one's very quick response to that question. However, maybe it's just me, but I keep thinking that I might get bit by a snake if I wear flip flops. Though, if you know me well enough, you know that I won't let that silly fear get to my head too much. In fact, I might just go barefoot!
On our way home, Ryan and I were talking about how we'll be just north of the equator in Togo. Then we got into a discussion wondering when they named the country of Ecuador. Obviously it had to have been named after they found that the world was round and that the equator is a hot ring around the earth. Anyway, if you know when Ecuador was founded and named and by who, I'm curious to know. I'm also curious to know the history of the finding of the equator. Hey, maybe I'll look that up someday.
Please do write me. I love to hear from you all.

No comments: