Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thanks Pastor Dad

My dear Pastor Dad preached a sermon recently about the having security of salvation. What stuck out to me the most about what he said was, don't be too sure. In other words, if your heart is challenging your salvation, why not secure it again. This is not to say that you can lose your salvation, but there are times in the Christian life when you wonder about yourself, "if I'm saved, how could I have done that?" He read a quote from John Newton which said,

"If I ever reach Heaven, I expect to find three wonders:
First, to meet some I had not thought to see there;
Second, to miss some I thought to meet there; and
Third, the greatest wonder of all, to find myself there."
.
Praise the Lord for John Newton! My heart definitely echoes his words.

No comments: