Thursday, January 15, 2009
A Plea for Help
Hey readers, I was thinking the other day that we could use your help. Would you help us study for our doctrinal exam. Write a theological question about anything in our comments section and we will study your question and do our best to come up with an answer. To help you, here are our doctrinal topics: the Bible, the True God, the Lord Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, Man, Salvation, the Church, Baptism and the Lord's Supper, the Eternal State, Satan, Personal Separation, and Ecclesiastical Separation. You may ask a question that falls within these topics, or you may ask something that doesn't. We'll do our best to answer them. If we don't answer them on the blog, you can bet we at least studied them. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Ikeep trying to think of a good one for you! :)
I guess I'll just ask, "how do you reconcile election and free will?".
I'll try to think of a better one too, something really obscure that will stretch your brains! :)
Love you!
Proud of you!
I thought of another one! How did Jezebel get in a car accident? (do you remember that? :))
Grace. ...no, I'll work on a better answer.
The other was Harod, and he got run over by a car just like your dog Bobby and my cat Tiger. That comes from II Stephanos 3:16 ;)
Suicide? How are you forgiven of this sin?
Good question Kim. I believe that those who commit suicide are forgiven when they were saved. Christ washes away all of our sins past, present, and future when we place our faith in Him. I'll get some scripture to back myself up, but that's my short answer for now.
Ahhh! I've been trying to think of questions for you, to help in your studies, but all I can think of is questions for you to help me, as I mull over a lot of missions-related questions these days. But I think they call for more of a real-life chat. Any chance that's do-able? I'm willing to fold laundry! ;)
Ash
P.S. To prime your pump--contextualization while maintaining Biblical/theological integrity: discuss!
or
Where is the line in ecclesiastical separation when it comes to the mission field? (I've been reading about the China Inland Mission, and they had everybody from Anglicans to Presbyterians to Baptists and beyond. I can't even figure out how the church government would run, much less gracious endurance of vastly different but deeply-theologically-rooted worship practices.)
See, I told you we need to talk in person! :) That may be a little more narrow a field than you need to studying for right now, but I'll bet you have some book recommendations, eh?
Holy Toledo Batman! Yeah, come on over! Actually, I'll be in Federal Way on Wednesday afternoon. Any chance you want to meet somewhere say around 11ish? Call me.
Aaah! I wasn't online again till today! Bummer. This week is out, but let me check my calendar for next week? I'll call ya.
Ash :)
Post a Comment