Thursday, July 17, 2008

Where in the world are we?

I've been away from any descent form of high speed Internet for like a month now, and I really have no patience to try to do anything more than I have to on dial-up. Fortunately, I finally found a wireless connection that I can actually get some work done on my computer. So here I am.
So I have good news and not so good news. The good news is that Ryan got a really good job working on piston aircraft with opportunities to advance his flight training! He started on Monday and so far he loves it. He is the "head mechanic" for NW Aviation, and works for a neat couple.
The not so good news is that the job is in Everett. That pretty much threw a crowbar in our spokes as far as living in the South Puget Sound area. Jobs in the South Sound just weren't opening up so when this job came up, we knew it was exactly what we had been praying for.
Sooo....
We now live in Everett, WA. We like it alright, but on our second night in our new apartment I heard a car alarm going off and a strange vibration to match the sound going off in our room (I didn't know stock key chains did that). This was at 2:46am so it didn't connect in my mind that it was our car going off until I heard the car go off down the road and the vibration and the car alarm stopped at the same time. After a few minutes of contemplating how strange it all was, I asked Ryan to go out and make sure our car was there just so I could sleep. Ryan took an especially long time coming back. Our car was gone! He called 9-1-1 immediately to report our stolen car. All the while, both of us were stressed out of our minds! Two nights in our apartment and our car was already gone. After much pacing and prayer the dispatch reported that our car had been towed because it was apparently parked in the wrong spot, but we were parked exactly where the manager told us to park. To make a long story short, the manager got our car back for us the next morning for free because it was her error. She had told us the wrong parking spot number. If we would have had to pay, it would have been close to $300! Anyway, the whole incident was a nerve wracking experience. Neither one of us got much sleep that night.
Lesson learned: Don't park in the wrong spot, and make sure your manager double checks your parking spot when you first move in to an apartment.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Steph! I'm so excited that you guys are having a baby! I can't say that I visit your blog as frequently as I should, but when I do I am always pleased to see you guys following and serving God. Miss you! -Kristin