Monday, July 7, 2008

Well, I guess you know by now that we made it to Washington safely. We kept a trip log as we drove along to sort of pass the time here it is below:

Monday, June 16th
10:45am-Pulled out of MAI parking lot.
12:29pm-Saw TN plate "RUNN" while stuck in traffic. We were wishin' we could.
1:02pm-"GUTRSTUF" on Jeep advertising gutter cleaning. Stuck in traffic again in Appalachian Mountains.
2:08pm-Entered Tennessee
Crossed first time zone sometime between 2:08 and 4:00
3:00pm-"TASHIMI" FL plate
4:45pm-Saw Jack in the Box!
6:37pm-saw two live deer on side of I-40
Around 7pm needed gas, put a gas request in GPS. GPS lead us to a hillbilly gravel road. Luckily road paralleled freeway and got us to a real gas station about 3 miles later.

Tuesday, June 17
7:34am-Pulled out of KOA Kampgrounds in Buffalo, TN where it rained after we got our tent set up. Water came under the tent 2 inches deep, but not much made it inside the tent. Needless to say, it was an experience!
9:46am-Crossed the Mississippi River into Arkansas.
11:15am-TN plate "LLAMONIA"
1:34pm-TN plate "ATM"
2:43pm-Entered Oklahoma
3:55pm-Finally realized that there really is nothing to see in Oklahoma!
5:19pm-Plate "BKCKREE"
5:26pm-"MAYOR1" Oklahoma plate
5:39pm-Passed Airforce base. Saw B-52 and an old Airforce One.
5:42pm-Turned off of I-40 to I-35 North in Oklahoma City.
5:50pm-"SUGRMT" OK
5:57pm-"MS 4MAN" OK
7:19pm-Entered Kansas. Saw semi-truck pulling three trailers.

Wednesday, June 18th
8:48am-Pulled out of trailer park in South Haven, Kansas. Had the craziest morning ever! At about 5:30am a storm like none we had ever seen (even in FL) came through. It started with a few drips here and there on our tent, and then in no time at all it was pouring and we thought we should leave the tent because of all the thunder and lightening. The truck was parked only a few feet away, but by the time we both got inside, we were soaked. The wind was aweful! The truck was swaying and rocking. Ryan realized that he left our laptop in the tent so at one point he got out of the truck to get it. When he got back, he told me that the tent had collapsed.
Anyway, all this to say, I think we'll be getting a new tent today and praying for better weather tonight. (We ended up buying some copper piping to rig the fiberglass poles that had broken. It worked for the next couple of days that we needed it.)
10:59am-Entered Salina, KS. Saw F15's doing pattern work. Army National Guard.
11:55pm-"REHFELD", "MIESE 2"
12:45-Saw a large group of huge windmills (we saw many more later, but did not record it).
2:10pm-"GRM2KCB"
2:20pm-Saw F-14 Tomcat
3:15pm-Stopped for gas again.
3:59pm-Crossed time zone. Changed clock to 2:59 Mountain time.
3:05pm-Tornado and thunderstorm warning issued on radio just a few miles north of our route.
3:31pm-Entered Colorado on I-70 west.
4:20pm-Saw first tumbleweed cross road.
4:52pm-Heard first Safeway commercial on the radio
5:26pm-"GARRYS"
6:21pm-COACH 3" CO
6:41pm-GLORYDZ" CO
6:49pm-Saw a Carl's Jr.
6:57pm-Passed VD Off Road Club where we saw dirtbikes racing around on the hillside. (Thought of Dad.)

Thursday, June 19th
7:02am-Pulled out of KOA Kampgrounds in Ft. Collins, CO. We had our first night without rain. This part of Colorado is beautiful!
7:40am-Saw giant buffalo statue on top of a rocky hill.
7:41am-Crossed into Wyoming.
7:54am-Passed huge Wal-Mart distribution center on I-80.
8:08am-Saw a herd of about 10 antelope on the side of I-80.
2:57pm-In the mountains, saw snow on the side of the road.
3:08pm-Reached elevation of 9,658ft.
4:10pm-Arrived at the Grand Teton National Park.
4:59pm-Entered Yellowstone National Park.
7:15pm-Watched "Old Faithful."
8:05pm-Saw a herd of Bison on the side of a hill. Pulled over to take a picture. They were not even 10 feet from our truck.
8:18pm-Entered Montana while still in the park.
8:24pm-"CHARTRS" VT

Friday, June 20th
5:15am-Woke up in tent in Montana. Both of us were frozen stiff with deflated air mattresses.
6:00am-Got back on the road post-haste!
6:54am-Saw a dead elk on the side of the road while leaving Yellowstone (Ryan's note).
7:57am-Got onto I-90 west.
8:10am-"BSHCTR"
8:30am-"SEINFLD" MT
8:31am-"ZAKS"
9:58am-"STANCRA" MT
10:26am-"HUUMMMR" MT (on a Hummer)
10:56am-"LAZY K2" MT
12:47pm-A deer almost ran out in front of us.
12:49pm-Crossed into Idaho and turned clock back to 11:49am Pacific time.
1:01pm-Crossed into Washington!!!
1:22pm-"WE2FISH" WA, "DMM" MT
3:30pm-Drove through George, WA.
3:53pm-Spotted Mt. Rainier.
5:03pm-"STETK2" WA
5:13pm-"ELKPK2" WA
5:14pm-"YENDOR" WA
5:31pm-Saw two bucks with velvet in the side of the road in King County.
5:59pm-Turned onto I-405 north.
6:16pm-Turned onto I-5 north
6:23pm-Spotted Mt. Baker.
6:54pm-"2KEYLA" WA
6:56pm-Exited I-5 in Stanwood.
Around 7:25pm-Arrived at destination on Camano Island, WA!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Dave Allen said...

Hey, Stephanie! I have a request from Gene for updated contact information. I think he was thinking more along the lines of how to contact you now that you're in WA. If you could email me a physical or email address, that would be great! Thanks!

dapamico@gmail.com

Dave A.

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo sorry i didn't get back to you right away. CONGRATULATIONS ON THE BABY!!!

That's so awesome, Steph!

What is your address curently?

We'll be praying for you and Ryan.


Love,

Nicki.

Kerry said...

You are getting ridiculously close to only double digits until Baby Buczak makes his/her debut!!! :)

Praying for you!!!

God Made Playdough said...

Where are you??? I thought I would see you now! :)