Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pre-Winter Blues

I'm not a huge fan of winter, which means when fall rolls around I try to enjoy every last drop of warm weather before I have to freeze to death for several months. The first fall I worked at Piedmont, I noticed a tree out my window and across the parking lot. When all the other trees' leaves turned colors, "my tree" kept its beautiful green. I also noticed that in the spring it was the first to grow leaves again. Well this fall, they cut my poor tree down. Why? I don't know. Why do we cut any trees down? I get so frustrated when people cut perfectly fine trees down, not that I'm a tree hugger, but in a sense I am. Anyway, this is not my fall. Usually, by about now I'm trying to get excited about Thanksgiving and Christmas, but this year, I'm not really that thrilled at all yet.

Today we had our first frost. Brrrrr! So tonight I brought out my fall and winter clothes. Fall and winter clothes are so dark and gloomy. Also, the majority of my fall and winter clothes require the use of nylons. Yuck and Brrr! I once tried size Q to see if it would be better around my waist, but even size Q felt like a rubber band and they slid down my legs and made me look like a granny so needless to say, I ditched that plan.

Anyway, there might be some good things about winter... ...like Charlie Brown Christmas! ...or...Pea Coats ... or ... uh ... snow! but I haven't seen it in a long time. Or... uh ... hmm ... cranberry sauce! ...Oooo, I just thought of one I really, really like and that's Christmas trees. I love pretty ornaments. Hmmm, maybe I'll be excited about that. Only about a month and a half and I can have a sweet smelling Christmas tree in my home. Now that is something I can look forward to!

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Do ya'll get snow??? Cold in the ATL is pointless...it's cold but it doesn't snow. We usually get a decent ice storm a year...but no snow. Boo.

Anonymous said...

Hi Steph! Just read your blog about "trying to get excited about Thanksgiving" etc. Try reading through very slowly Psalm 107 and see if that doesn't help. You might also remind yourself of Eph. 2:1-10. Sure miss you..God bless, Pastor Dad