I have to write three papers for my Missions Practicum course. This involves two papers on missionary books and one paper on our trip to Togo. Sounds good. I started working on it, oh, last September! The problem is, that I read about three missionary biographies and only need to write about one, but I haven't read the, so far, boring book about being a missionary (I keep forgetting to grab it out of the car before Ryan takes it to work) All of this is due at the end of the month. It can be done, I just keep telling myself that.
And then there's one more thing I gotta do very, very soon and that's our prayer letter. I haven't sent one out since April and I feel very responsible to our prayer supporters to let them know how our WONDERFUL trip to Togo went. On average, it takes me about a month to write and edit it. Surely, it shouldn't take that long, but it really does. The first three weeks are spent agonizing on what to write and in what form and then editing it, and the fourth week is spent thinking about buying postage. Once all that is done, I estimate that it takes about 3-4 days to get into your mailbox.
Oh, I do have to brag on my Husby just a little bit. He's already done with most of his homework for his commercial ground school! It's not due until around Thanksgiving. Now that's enthusiasm right there. Now he can help me! :)
Maybe I just found half of the other oar.
On another note, Ryan and I went to a Winston-Salem Warthogs baseball game on Friday night. If you think Warthogs are a crazy mascot wait till you hear about the Greensboro Grasshoppers. Heaven forbid a warthog should come up against a grasshopper. The Hogs played the Indians and I'm sure you can guess who won. Can we say "fried bacon?" Anyway, we had a good time. I just love baseball, silly mascots and all. Of course, there's no mascot like the Mariner Moose!!!

1 comment:
Yay a new post! :) Of course the Moose is the best! (we're going Mon night! I'll take pictures for you. And I'll take pictures of the fair for you too!) We won't bring up that the antichrists of baseball beat them tonight! :( My Dad had to call in the guise of talking to Rylie to rub it in. I'll have to tell my Dad you found your other oar! :) I'm sorry that you're feeling overwhelmed right now! I hate that feeling! Just make sure you're still having time in the Word, otherwise you'll feel even more overwhelmed. I know from experience. Oh, and I can't wait for you to get to know Rylie either! :) She'll love you!
Post a Comment