| Leslie fell from the branch straight above her and a little bit to the left. She was picking flowers for her friends. |
To give a little bit of history; just Wednesday, the pastor
of one our friends here fell out of a tree and broke his back. It is likely
that he will never walk again. So running to Leslie’s side you can imagine that
my imagination was already going wild. There she was, lying on her back and not
moving, but crying a good solid cry. Looking up, she had fallen a good 10 to 12
feet. I started touching her and asking if she felt her feet and her hands. She
said she didn’t feel her hands and I started to pray and panic. Friends called
the hospital, which is literally less than 100 yards from where we live and
where she fell. After an assessment, the doc who arrived determined that her head
and back were okay, but that since she couldn’t feel her hands at first, and
she didn’t want to move them, that we would take her in for x-rays. We let her
sit up, and from that point, I was able to regain my composure.
Once at the hospital, friends and colleagues took good care
of her and found that she had broken her ulna and radius in both arms. She was
put under for adjustments and casts and the rest is history. We are blessed to
have so many good people on staff here who love their jobs and do them well.
Leslie got her IV in her foot from Dr. Russ, her arm adjustment from Dr. Dave
and Dr. Eric, and Dr. Calvin was her anesthesiologist. Living daily here, we
don’t actually see these guys do their work, but after personally experiencing
it, our fondness and respect for their ministries have grown. Our little
adventurer could not have been in better hands, and unfortunately, I don’t
think this will be the last time she will be paying them a visit.
I want to thank all of our Facebook friends who prayed and
spread the news to the church prayer chains for Leslie. We are truly touched by
your love and concern. You should know that Leslie is totally back to herself
today. However, she has been forbidden from climbing any trees for a while, for
life if I have anything to say about it. For the next six weeks our lives will
be interesting. Swimming is out of the question, coloring and writing will be
difficult with casts on both arms, bathing…, eating…, bathroom adventures… It’s
going to be interesting.
I am so thankful that God chose to protect Leslie yesterday.
I’m amazed as I look up at the distance that she fell that we still have a
walking child. He is our gracious protector.

1 comment:
Wow Our Lord is Always good and Protector to us, Leslie you are so brave and so proud of you and you have a such lovely parents and families there, My family and I will keep praying for her and the whole family, God bless you more and be with each one of you specially Leslie
Post a Comment