We thank you for your prayers for us. Over the last month we have been sorting and purging some of our stuff (junk). We got rid of three or four bins worth of high school/college papers, textbooks, etc. Thanks to the readers of our last blog post, we have also been accumulating practical things for Togo. The first box has been packed! I packed a very large bin full of the girls' homeschool materials for PreK through 2nd grade.
We have recently been spending some time in the the dentist office. Ryan and I both have some work to be done, and thanks to a friend of ours, this and the extraction of my wisdom teeth will all be taken care of. If you'd like, you may pray for me on June 17th as I undergo this surgery (I'm not fond of needles, or pain, or drugs...).
Family news:
On May 22nd, Ryan and I celebrated nine years of marriage. This may shock some, but our marriage has already been through some refining fire. We are so thankful that God has used the institution of marriage to teach us that love, His love, involves a commitment to serve one another whether we feel like it or not. I'm sure Jesus didn't "feel" like going to the cross, but "for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross" (Hebrews 12:2). Sometimes, in following Christ's example, we endure serving one another for the joy that comes through obedience. Don't be fooled, just because we're missionaries, doesn't mean we have this mastered. You may pray that Jesus would constantly be growing us in this area.
June 20th will be AnnMarie's 2nd birthday. Where in the world has the time gone?!! What a complete joy she is to us. She sings her ABC's and counts to 20... missing many letters and numbers along the way, but is is fun to hear her learn.
Leslie is learning to read! I got ahold of a homeschool book and began working through it with her. Today she read "see me eat" and "mad at me." Lord willing, some day soon, she will be using this skill to read the Bible and grow in God's Word.
Please continue to pray for the remainder of our support requirements to come. We have 90% support and are required to have 100% monthly before we will be cleared to leave for France. Our prayer is to have it all in by July 15th so that we can purchase our airline tickets. We believe the Lord will provide the final amount.
Our commissioning service is on August 11th at Edgewood Bible Church. We hope to see you there!

No comments:
Post a Comment