Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Weekend Prayer Request

Dear Praying Friends,

We’ve got a busy weekend ahead. As a praise report, Ryan recently learned of the opportunity to bring home one of ABWE’s aircraft in which he’ll gain the majority of his remaining 79.2 of 400 hours. Early Thursday morning he’ll be jumping on a commercial flight to Atlanta, GA. On Friday and Saturday he’ll be regaining his proficiency in a tail dragger at ABWE Air headquarters with Herman Teachout and Dale Fogg, on Sunday he’ll probably be attending a southern good ol’ Baptist church (he’ll get to have sweet tea, too. I’m jealous ;-)), and Monday through probably Wednesday he and a friend, Kelly, from the Northwest will be flying the Stinson tail dragger back home.

Please pray for Ryan’s safety all weekend as he flies quite a few hours. Ryan and Kelly will probably be flying in 3 hour segments at a time and stopping to sleep in the evenings. Please pray that they get the rest they need between flights. Please also pray that the weather is good for them. Ryan and Kelly are instrument rated, but it’s always safest to fly VFR (visual flight rules, or visually and outside of the clouds in laymen’s terms).

Please also pray for the girls and me. Though I believe Ryan is a completely competent pilot, that does not mean I might not be tempted to worry from time to time. To keep myself distracted, I will be driving up to my mom’s house on Camano Island and maybe canning apples or playing Settlers of Catan.

I’ll make an event invitation on Facebook in order for all of us to keep up with and pray for Ryan as he flies across the country. If you don’t get “invited” to this event and you’d like to, please write on my wall or request my friendship and I’ll make sure you get “invited.”

Thanks for your prayers for all of us. We appreciate it!

In Christ,

Stephanie Buczak

1 comment:

Bob said...

You need an update - Hobart is praying for your family this month.

Bob Allen