I love theology. It's disappointing to me that usually only men want to talk about it. I mean, lets just face it, it's mostly men who study it, especially for a living. But I like to be a part of theological discussions if not just to listen and ask questions. Theology is where the meat of scripture is. It's where the difficult to understand, intriguing facts about who God is lie. Don't get me wrong, the message of the gospel is simple, perfect, and most important, but within the broader study of theology are the deeper things of scripture that just make you want more!
The reason I'm talking about theology today is because one of the greatest theologians of our time is here at Piedmont today and tomorrow, Dr. Charles C. Ryrie!!! Today he spoke in chapel about hermaneutics, the interpretation of scripture. Man I love it! He's just so good at putting the main focus on the Scriptures as the sole book of truth including all that we need for life and godliness. Now, Dr. Ryrie is no "motivational" speaker if you're looking for someone who can really please the audience and tickle one's ears, but he absolutely is a motivational speaker if you love theology. I came home after chapel today and pulled my Ryrie books off the shelf: Balancing the Christian Life, Basic Theology, Dispensationalism, oh, and my notes from his class at WOL. I just can't get enough meat! Good Steak! And seeing that I like a little sarcasm once in awhile, he's got a good taste of that to go in the mix as well. :)
This little post needs to be edited badly, but for now, I'm off to Ryrie Q&A time! Awe man, I just can't get enough.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Uh! So jealous!
I have two things to say. Number one, your baby is due on my birthday! Number two I love theology too!
We should have some good girl theology talks when you move here. :)
Post a Comment