Monday, August 20, 2007

Roll with the punch

We are busily slipping back into American culture. Booked is not a word we used in Togo, but it definitely is very much a part of America. A friend of mine, who has also been on a six-week missions trip and understands our emotional reluctance to re-enter the U.S., reminded me that the tug on our lives that says that we are constantly out of time shows us how much we truly are eternal beings. We humans are meant to be without time, but now under the curse of sin we are constantly out of time. Praise the Lord, someday we will have all the time in the world, literally!


Since I last wrote we have been very busy. We were able to go to a friend's wedding down in Atlanta. Dear Darla, one of my lifeguards the summer I was a lifeguard supervisor, found her man Chuck. All I can say is that I know they are going to be a family full of laughter, and boy did they kiss a lot! Marriage is such a miracle to me. How is it that two people can come together and live in such a union that you have with no other person? By God's beautiful grace, that's how. Amazing!


Last week I started a new position at Piedmont. I am now the Administrative Assistant to the Director of Advancement/Assistant to the President. That sounds like a fancy term, but I prefer to be called a secretary. I am glad to have a new challenge. I am working with a program called Raiser's Edge. Basically, it's a fund raising tool that categorizes alumni, constituents, donors, and events. All in all, I'll be using my gift of organization for the glory of the Lord. For that I'm excited!

This weekend we went with the youth group to Carowinds. Carowinds is a Paramount park that is right on the line of North and South Carolina. It's kinda cool. Half of the park is in NC and the other half is in SC. How they manage their taxes I guess I'll never know. Anyway, we had a good time with the kids. However, I must be getting old or something. On one of the first roller coasters I went on I got a massive headache. At the chiropractor today, I found that yes, I had totally knocked my head out of alignment (please don't comment about that :) ). Though I'm feeling better now.

Ryan is on his second week of vacation from flying. He has been diligent with his ground school for the semester that starts tomorrow. He has already finished quite a bit of his ground school for his commercial license. Way to go My Sweet!

2 comments:

God Made Playdough said...

You know my Dad would say something about an oar. . . :)
I'm glad you posted again, I was missing you!

Kerry said...

Next time you're in the ATL, we need to get together...you won't believe how big your little buddy Jack is. He's stinkin' 8 years old and just started 2nd grade...he's pretty much the most quirky kid ever and you can't help but love him. :)